We know results of HILL Runner 700 which was held rainy Saturday 11th April 2015.
Whats about female runners opinion for this kind of race, we asked them righ before race.
We appreciate that you join HILL Runner 700 of Taiwan Beast Runners (TBR). We know you have good results in classic races and we would like know what you think about this unique vertical race, why you join etc. May we give you few short questions and receive short answers?
- Your name and where do you come from? For what are you proud in your running history (not necessary just result in race):
- HILL Runner is unique run up competition and outdoor activity, do you have any race experiences with similar? As Vertical Kilometre, or what’s about your Run Up 101)
山跑者是目前獨一無二的垂直戶外登高賽，您有參加任何類似的經驗?例如:國外Skyrace Vertical K，或101登高賽..等?HILL Runner 700 climb up to直潭山 728m in Xindian, the cumulative elevation is c. 700 m and just distance of 3km on trail (unofficial time is over 35 minutes of course director Petr Novotny): 山跑者700爬升到直潭山728公尺，爬升高度為700公尺，山徑距離有3公里（目前Petr Novotny非正式時間紀錄為35分）
- What do you think, is it short or easy race? Do you have some strategy how to climb this?
- Did you visit and train on this course? TBR had four trainings over there.
- This week is raining, the course can be pretty muddy, how to manage this?
Race start in waves by age categories and winners is separate to overall and in four age categories. TBR know that is very easy be exhausted and get very slow if you don’t manage strengths in this race.
- There are also plenty prizes from sponsors. Will you do your best and compete with others in your age group? What’s about beat course record?
Finish of race is on the top of直潭山, but whole event not finish there. TBR prepared nice Check Point two kilometres under peak, where you can take relax, drink and eat and enjoy amazing view (if no raining) and share experiences with others.
- What do you think about this, just relax after race and still be in cool nature and mountains?
Did you hear what will be after CP? TBR prepared short exploring in very wild part of these forests for HILL Runners and also for Challenge Hikers. Even you can take bath in river.
- Will you take bath if hot weather? :] 天氣如果炎熱的話，您會想在小溪旁玩水嗎?
- What do you think about this additional activity after this no easy race?
- Do you want say something or comment on the end?
We wish you best for race and hope you will enjoy all Saturday morning in Beast style.
Amber Lane (2nd 50:05)
- Amber Lane, I’m from Canada. I am proud of my running history in its entirety, I’m proud of what I can do when I push myself and how happy exhaustion can make me, I think it takes a unique personality to make a “runner” and I’m proud to be that person. My blog about running www.taipeirunning.com
- I don’t have any experience with this type of race so I am a little nervous. But I did do the Action Asia 50, that was pretty hilly.. haha
- I don’t think this will be easy, in fact I am nervous. My strategy would be to get a good warm up before the race starts because it is not a long race (I usually like to run around 21km or more)
- I didn’t get a chance to come out, which makes me even more nervous! I just didn’t have time.
- I suppose I will wear shoes with larger tread, better for mud. And I won’t expect to come out of this race clean, lots of mud, maybe climb up using my hands at times.
- I will try my best! I saw that there are many prizes from sponsors.
- Yea, I think it will be nice to spend some time meeting the other runners.
- I hope so! If not this time, perhaps if I revisit in the future.
- I think it will be nice to take a break, even if this race is difficult I think I might have energy as I usually like endurance events.
- I’m really excited to join this activity, I think it will be really fun and different than anything else we usually have in Taiwan. Thanks organizers!!
王姿云 Annie Wang (3rd 50:41)
- 王姿云 (Annie), 只是一個默默無名的跑者, 跑過許多場大小賽事, 但感到驕傲的…目前想不到. ^^
- 沒有. 一直認為爬樓梯是我自己的弱項, 所以沒參加過101登高賽, 但仍想嘗試, 所以來參加戶外版 XD
- 也許是因為距離很短的關係, 之前邀朋友來報名被拒絕了(哈) 比賽策略嘛…就一直爬一直爬囉~
- No. 也許知道的時候太晚, 也許碰巧遇到別場賽事.
- 對於比賽, 我都會盡自己能力去完成, 至於能不能得獎則是其次了!
- Sure~ 我非常喜歡在大自然裡!
- 會! 那是夏天的一大享受.
- 4/18 TNF 50K
- 謝謝你們如此貼心地舉辦這場賽事, 目前我沒有什麼建議, 待賽事結束後, 若有任何想法及意見會告知你們.
Erica Brüll-Reinhold (1st 45:51)
- Erica Reinhold, USA. I’m proud of the fact that I still love running after 13 years of competing. I started running track in high school and then ran cross country in college. After graduating I ran more for fun, but once again became more competitive after moving to Taiwan. (If you want to know more, Bas will tell you all about how proud he is of me haha.)
- Taipei 101, though I was injured and did terribly that year…
- I would consider this short, only because my main distance right now is the half-marathon, however I would not call it an “easy” race. My strategy is to maintain a steady pace and not stop.
- Sadly I was too busy and it was too far
- By wearing my Inov-8 trail shoes of course! I love running on different terrain and getting dirty! And with the current drought, Taiwan needs the rain. I hope it rains more!
- I’m competitive by nature so I always try to do my best. Prizes are always nice, but the most important aspect for me is being able to give it my all on race day and enjoy it. No way I’ll be able to beat Petr’s course record.
- I love being outside and relaxing.
- Most likely not.
- It’s a nice option for people who want to be out in nature some more.
- We need more trail races in Taiwan. 加油! 加油! 加油!
- Jochun Ho, Taiwan
- nope, don’t think it’s easy at all, as I am really bad at up hill and stairs. I take it as a good adventure and training, and a chance to see how fast those good runners can be.
- nope. I didn’t go to the training. I was occupied by other events, and I don’t usually do training on-site, I take it more like a fun adventure rather than competition.
- muddy is never a problem for me, I can get myself clean before I get on public transportation home. Muddy brings slippery, I will wear shoes I trust and be careful. If it’s a problem for everyone, than it should not be consider an obstacle, I think.
- No, I do not think of the prize, as I know there must be a lot of fierce female hashers and mountain beast out there.
- Yes, I would love that.
- Yes, I sourly will.
- TNF50K and 七星登山王
- I actually take part of this Hill running because Petr does the planing, I think routes plan by Petr and Carrier Ho are no promise of easiness, but definately wild and fun.
Hyon Shim Chong (4th 54:10)